CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The New House

Ok a little back ground on our family. There is me, Melanie, my husband Bob, our 2 kids, Kaylynn and David, and my grandmother Helen or Nana as everyone calles her, living together. Our niece, Harley is also here most of the time, which is great cause I want my kids to grow up feeling close to thier family like I did. We have 4 dogs, 3 of them being Miniture Dauschounds: Little Bit, Scooter and Rhett, and one Italian Grayhound, Vinnie. and 3 rabbits Spot, Cocoa, and Hershey. For our big christmas present last year we finally baught a house in the country, the kids weren't to sure about it at first, but now they love it. My Nana, a devout city girl, even likes it out here, although we have come to believe that all the severe weather we had here in Texas this year is because my Papa is mad that she finally moved to the country.

We got one acre and a 5 bedroom house. The house is in ok shape, I have some minor changes that I will eventually make but for now we can live with it. The land is another story. I have learned that we have what is called Black Gumbo for soil. Basically it is nothing but clay, the trees and weeds will grow but that is about it. More on the ground issue in another blog. Since we are basically a one income family we have to stretch every dollar until it screams :). Seriously I have found some great deals on Craigslist and at our Local Flea Markets to get alot of what we need to get the yard in shape. We have just finished getting the fence up in the front yard, so that we can fianally let the dogs run. All that is left to finish with that fence is the decorative touches such as the runner boards to maintain the wire shape. I hope to finish that this weekend. The back yard fence is only a quarter of the way done, it is slower going because we are having to take down some old fence that was there and rotted.

Welp that is all for now, I will continue about the house later, it is time to get ready for school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment