CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rain

Well more rain has fallen here. Which normally I would not be complaining about, especially this time of year, but I really need to get the ground broke for the garden and I can't when it is this wet. We lost some of the plants that I transplanted last weekend, not sure way, some are still doing great, others are ok and the then lost some all together. The only thing that I can figure is that the ones we lost were the weaker plants that we would have lost anyway. From the looks of it we are not going to have any corn this year, and the tomatoe plants are very small. Peas and beans are actually doing great. Most of what we lost were the cucumbers and the squashes. I am going to start some more on Sunday. Usually i would follow the almanac but this year has been so off kilter that it doesn't seem very accurate. Hoping to get the rest of the fencing up this next week. I only have one more week of school left so that will give me more time to devote to the farm. We are starting the kids lessons back up at that time, however since they don't require as much time for lessons as they did in public school, we will still have plenty of day light left to work (not sure how they are going to feel aobut getting up at the crack of dawn to do chores but, they are the ones that really pushed for this to be a real working farm). Bob is getting a little disgruntaled at the fact that I keep stopping him from doing things but he has to realize that to me there is a right way to do this and a wrong way and if we go about it the wrong way it will only cost us more in the long run, both emotionally and financially. welp it is late, going to head to bed now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment