CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Oh the trials and trivulations of living on a farm

Wow what a month it has been!!!
Happy Memorial Day everyone!!!!!

Let's see where to begin, first our AC is out of commission. We had already made the decision to go without it for as humanly possible in this Texas heat, yet after 3 days the heat had taken it's toll on my grandmother. We were going to turn it on to cool the house down and discovered that our outside components had been stolen. Lovely, lovely. We are hoping to get a couple of window units this week until we can afford to fix the unit.

We finally got the chickens. We have a little red silkie rooster, a blue silkie rooster and 3 blue hens. They are all around 3 months old so we will have eggs by the end of the summer!!! Spent the last 2 days building the coop, hope to have it finished today, then I have to get the fence strung around the pen and a canopy put up and they will have their new home!!!

Kids are doing great. David informed me the other day that this summer he was going to open a lemonade stand so that all the people in our area can come get a glass of lemonade when they get thirsty while working. Kaylynn is a typical pre-teen. She has decided that country life is not for her, she has started a campaign to go live with my sister. "There is nothing to do out here" is her latest opinion. I know kids will be kids but good grief.

I have been outside so much that I have managed to get 4 sunburns on top of each other (yes it hurts) but I discovered something that takes the sting out better than aloe, Apple Cider Vinegar. I was rinsing my hair in it the first night and when it ran down over my shoulders talk about burning and painful, but I woke up the next morning and the burn didn't hurt. I am still red, and there is still heat but no pain from the burn.

Whelp time to get busy, our little rooster just crowed so that means it's time to get moving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment